Participant Workbook Click to review and/or print the workbook prior to the start of our Virtual Little Philmont on Friday night May 15th.
Scout-themed activity pages Click if you have children that need entertainment during the conference, they might enjoy these activity pages.
New Religious Awards Program Click to learn about the new religious awards program.
Below are files, links and videos for the materials shared during our Virtual Little Philmont. More items will be added throughout the weekend.
FRIDAY, MAY 15, THEME: “THE SPIRITUAL ASPECTS OF SCOUTING” If you missed our live presentation you can view it on YouTube Here.
- History of the 107-year partnership between the Boy Scouts of America and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Watch a beautiful video about the history of Scouting in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- The Final Years of Latter-day Saint Scouting: 2013 – 2019
- Introduction to Vanguard International Scouting Association and the new Religious Awards for Latter-day Saints in Scouting
- Concluding Remarks – Here is a Summary of the closing comments by Charles Dahlquist.
SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2020 8:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. MDT THEME: “STRENGTHENING SCOUTING AMONG MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS”
- 8:30 a.m. Opening
- Debunking the “Myths” of Latter-day Saint Scouting
- Attracting and Recruiting Latter-day Saint Leaders, Families and Youth
- Added Bonus: Click here to learn more about the hand carved bolo ties.
- Starting and Strengthening New Units
- Scouting Finances
- New Religious Awards for Latter-day Saint Scouters – A Workshop
- 12:00 noon Lunch break (and a visit from a Philmont friend)
- 12:30 p.m. Annual Program Plans and Outdoor Activities
- Selecting, Inviting and Training Leaders
- Community Outreach and Resources
- Effective Commissioner Service Strengthens Units
- Question and Answer Panel
- Closing message
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR – ON JULY 3-10, 2021 – AT BEAUTIFUL PHILMONT TRAINING CENTER FOR OUR NEXT TRAINING FOR LATTER-DAY SAINT SCOUTERS